We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator to join our team, at our offices in Paisley, Renfrewshire. The candidate will be a proactive individual capable of working on their own initiative and be able to undertake a wide variety of tenders in a range of sectors including commercial, industrial, health care and education.
The successful candidate will be responsible for estimating within the business working alongside the estimating team and will have the following responsibilities:
You will be required to:
- Review and understand tender documents.
- Identify and communicate any perceived risks.
- Collate tender enquiries for specialist subcontractors, plant and equipment.
- Review and confirm costs and specification compliance of quotations received.
- Carrying our take offs from drawings.
- Interpret and price bills of quantity.
- Ensure that all Estimating Procedures are followed.
- Assist in the production of quality submissions, when necessary.
- Ensure all tenders are fully reviewed and presented to Management prior to submission.
- Preparation of Submission to Client.
- Attending Post Tender Interviews when required.
- Carry Out Client Requirements for any Value Engineering.
- Dealing with post tender queries.
- Preparation of handover of estimate to project team.
You should be a motivated individual capable of working on your own initiative and have the following:
- Proven track record as a Mechanical Estimator.
- Ability to stay focused during periods of increased workload.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Experience in using Contract Master Estimating Software or equivalent.
- Be able to show good administration and organisational skills.
- Although not essential – experience of Design & Build submissions would be advantageous.
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role, then please send your CV to HR@taylorandfraser.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE