James Watt College
We were invited by the Design Team to participate from an early stage and develop the Mechanical Services design to meet the overall project requirements in terms of quality, installation, design life and ease of maintenance.
The new James Watt College at Kilwinning was constructed under the Government’s Private Finance Initiative (PFI), a first for Taylor and Fraser.
Scope of Work
The Mechanical Services installation comprised:
- Gas fired LTHW boiler plant serving radiant panels within lecture areas, radiators in stairwells and coils within air handling units
- Air handling units providing general supply and extract ventilation throughout
- External condensers
- VRV system to serve computer areas
- External water ring main and fire hydrants
- Full BMS to provide integrated control of the mechanical services