Uist and Barra Hospital, Balivanich, Benbecula
Continuing with a long tradition of healthcare projects, Taylor and Fraser was delighted to become involved with a further project for Western Isles Health Board.
Scope of Work
Ospadal Uibhist agus Bharraigh opened on the 5th March 2001 in Balivanich, Isle of Benbecula, offering a range of enhanced hospital facilities. The new £7,000,000 development provides modern facilities to enhance these services.
The Mechanical Services installation comprised:
- Oil fired LTHW boiler plant and storage,serving radiant panels,coils within air handling units and domestic water calorifiers
- Air handling units providing supply and extract ventilation for the ward areas with a separate plant for the operating theatre suite
- Chiller with chilled water to the operating theatre air handling unit
- Kitchen ventilation
- Medical gases installation
- Water services, including boosted supply to wards, toilets, kitchens, showers and baths
- Full BMS to provide integrated control of the mechanical services