Healthcare: Construction, Electrical and Mechanical
Uist and Barra Hospital, Balivanich, Benbecula
Taylor and Fraser have had the pleasure of working on a variety of projects within the healthcare industry. Working with both the private and public sectors, we have provided various construction, mechanical and electrical services to many healthcare environments across the country.
Our expert mechanical services saw us selected by the Western Isles Health Board to assist in the £7 million development of the Uist and Barra Hospital based in Balivanich on the Isle of Benbecula.
Taylor and Fraser provided the following works for the development:
- Oil fired LTHW boiler plant and storage, serving radiant panels, coils within air handling units and domestic water calorifiers.
- Air handling units providing supply and extract ventilation for the ward areas with a separate plant for the operating theatre suite.
- Chiller with chilled water to the operating theatre air handling unit.
- Kitchen ventilation.
- Medical gas installation.
- Water services, including boosted supply ward, toilets, kitchens, showers, and baths.
- Full BMS to provide integrated control of the mechanical services.
New build Health Facility, Yoker
Our construction services saw us undertake the erection of a new build, 3-storey health facility on Pleane Street, Yoker.
A challenging, yet rewarding project, it saw us fully utilise. the skills and experience of our incredible tradesmen
The project comprised of the following trades, several of which were contractor designed:
- Rotary bored cast-in-situ concrete piling
- Groundworks, underground drainage, and utility connections
- Structural steel frame
- Precast concrete floors and stairs, mild steel balustrading and stainless steel handrailing
- External masonry walls with Uniclad wall cladding
- Internal floor, wall, and ceiling finishes
- Technal curtain walling, windows, and doors
- Services Installations
- Dental equipment installation
- External landscaping including the formation of new car parking
- Fire Protection
- Corus roof decking with Protan roof finish and fall arrest system
- Healthcare furniture
Southern General Hospital, Glasgow
We were thrilled to be selected to supply the electrical and mechanical services for this upgrade to Glasgow’s Southern General Hospital.
We were chosen after providing a proven track record to the client, design and construction team members on our ability to deliver high-quality healthcare projects.
This project is part of a £28 million extension and renovation to the maternity unit of the Southern General Hospital – improving the needs of mothers, babies, families and the staff that care for them.
The mechanical and electrical services installations comprised the following:
- A combination of dual fuel and gas-fired LTHW boiler plant serving re-heat coils within air handling units to provide the most appropriate environmental conditions throughout
- Chiller plant and distribution pipework
- Water storage and distribution systems with sterilisation plant for optimum water quality
- Nurse call, fire, door access and security systems providing peace of mind for the building users
- Emergency power generator together with uninterruptable interruptible power systems
- Operating theatre lighting and surgeon’s panels to enable medical staff to undertake their work at the highest level
- Medical gases to facilitate medical care and comfort of patients
- A Building Management System (BMS) so that the mechanical services installation can operate at an optimum level