University of Glasgow Library Level 3
The level 3 project followed the previous phase involving the Learning Library, and was carried out in 16 weeks.
Scope of Work
The main construction works, after initial removals and down takings, involved plasterboard wall linings, new ventilation and heating systems throughout, with upgraded plant room areas, new toilet facilities, wave form partial ceilings, a variety of floor coverings, full decoration, bespoke specialist shop fittings to study booths and exposed column claddings, and specialist internal glazed walling.
- Complete renewal of all electrical services, fire alarms, and security
- Complete renewal of all mechanical services including a new air conditioning system
- New toilet areas
- Provision of a new Building Management System to communicate with existing Campus system
- Structural downtakings and asbestos removal
- Upgrade of existing plantroom including installation of new air handling units, controls and associated plant.
- Unique ‘wave’ profile ceilings
- Specialist copper clad columns
- Creation of glass enclosed short term lending department
- Internal fit out/shop fitting works including bespoke seating booths, plasma screens and communication networks
- Access to students maintained at all times as the Library operated from 8am – 2am, 7 days a week, necessitating careful planning and control when carrying out noisy or disruptive work.