Colville Building, University of Strathclyde
Taylor and Fraser was the Principal Contractor for the construction of a new Physics Special Research Facility with associated office accommodation formed within Levels 1, 2 and 3 of the Colville Building.
An interesting part of this project included the design and installation of lead lined research booths, with moveable lead roofs, to allow access for major items of research equipment. A new overhead crane was installed to facilitate the movement of the lead roofs.
Scope of Work
The All Trades construction and refurbishment project comprised:
- Installation of new structural steel support framework
- Construction of new office accommodation
- Construction of new research laboratories
- Design and installation of lead lined moveable roof and doors
- Mechanical and ventilation installation
- Electrical installation
- Overhead travelling crane
- Specialist floor screed
- Laboratory benching
- Floor finishes and decoration